There are two types of enrolment at Cairns SDE
- School based students. This caters for students enrolled in another school but needing to enrol with Cairns SDE for one or more subjects. These students are enrolled by their base school.
- Home based students who enrol with Cairns SDE for all their studies.
Please complete and submit the relevant Enrolment and Remittance form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
School based enrolments
Cairns School of Distance Education offers courses that are flexible, high quality and focused on student needs. Students who are currently enrolled full time in a state or non-state school can enrol in one or more subjects if:
- the subject is not offered by their base school
- the subject is offered by the base school, but the student is unable to access it due to a timetable clash or other special circumstance.
Resources will be supplied by Cairns School of Distance Education, however these are the responsibility of the base school to return when the student finalises.
If enrolling a School based student please click here.
Home based students
Cairns School of Distance Education offers a range of services to students to meet varied educational needs. Being a ‘school of choice’ enrolment fees apply unless a student demonstrates eligibility for an exemption or waiver (full or partial) by satisfying specific criteria outlined in the 2017 Home-Based Status Nomination Form (2) (PDF, 242 KB). Evidence is required to support your claim.
Fee exemption and waiver applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Home-based students may be exempt from paying the enrolment fee for a distance education program on the following grounds:
There are certain prerequisites for enrolling:
* Please select the relevant tab on the left for enrolment documents.