Open Learning Campus
1. Full-time OLC Cairns SDE enrolment
The following core programs will be offered to full-time enrolments at the Open Learning Campus - Cairns School of Distance Education as part of their alternative individualised educational program in 2019.
Full-time OLC students in Year 8 - 10 will engage in subjects/projects within the core part of their program in the key learning areas: English/Short Course Literacy(Yr 10), Mathematics/Short Course Numeracy(Yr 10), Science, Humanities and Social Sciences and a minimum of one elective subject/individualised project-based course. From Year 10, students can also start to work towards their goal of achieving a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) or Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA).
Full-time OLC students in Years 11 & 12 engage in an individualised educational program which supports them on their pathway to work towards their intended school exit and future career goals. All students who choose to stay in school after Year 10 unit the end of Year 12, have the goal of achieving a QCE or QCIA.
The types of senior pathways for Years 10 - 12 students, are:
- Cairns SDE students can choose from the following pathways:
- QCE - employment and training pathway
- QCE and ATAR - university pathway
- QCE and VET qualifications - employment and training pathway
- QCE and school-based apprenticeship/traineeship pathway
- QCIA (Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement)(for Special Education Program students)
Note: Students may be required to engage with their individualised senior program on a Variable Progression Rate (VPR), either condensing or extending their senior phase of learning.
OLC program information:
2. School-based student enrolments at the OLC
School-based enrolment program
2.1a A Young person enrolled in school, in year level 3 - 9 who is disengaging from education, or
2.1b Small group (5 maximum) of disengaging young people (Yr 3-6 or Yr 7-9) enrolled at school, requiring targeted engagement support, or
2.2 A young person enrolled in secondary school (Yr 10-12) who is disengaging from education, has access to the following programs:
- ASDAN - Key Steps program: an individualised project-based program, providing learning experiences that can be aligned with the Australian Curriculum.
- ASDAN Award (YR 10: Bronze, Yr 11-12: Silver-Gold): an individualised project-based program, providing learning experiences that can be aligned with the Australian Curriculum.
- Certificate II Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways (FSK20113): This certificate course provides opportunities for students to develop basic skills and knowledge to prepare for workforce entry, or a range of other qualifications. Click on the link to view the program overviews:
- 2019 ASDAN Senior (Yr 10-12)(PDF, 365KB)
- 2019 Certificate II Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways (PDF, 330KB)
For enrolment enquiries or more information, please contact the Open Learning Campus administration on (07) 4080 9222 or email email@example.com.