eKindy is a comprehensive, ‘at home’ kindergarten program for children in the year before prep. The program is supported by a qualified early childhood teacher and covers 15 hours of Kindergarten for 40 weeks a year (school terms only). The program aligns with the national Early Years Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
All enquires regarding eKindy are to be directed to the Brisbane School of Distance Education.
At Cairns School of Distance Education we recognise the importance of each child’s unique qualities. We understand the importance of the relationship between the educator at home, educators at school and the student. Educating your child is a team approach. We value communication and community participation.
In prep to year 6 we provide opportunities for all students to:
- engage in stimulating and challenging programs with a core focus on literacy and numeracy
- use technology to learn about themselves, their community and the world they live in
- learn in a safe and supportive environment
- build positive relationships with staff and other students
- achieve success as a learner through a range of experiences.