The Cairns School of Distance Education Parents and Citizens Association aims to promote the interests of the school. The P&C provides a forum for all parents and interested community members to voice opinions on school related issues. Members have a strong relationship with the school, and support Cairns SDE priorities and the welfare of its students, both financially and in kind. Its biggest fundraiser is the Cairns to Karumba Bike Ride which has been going from strength to strength for more than 15 years to ensure ‘bush kids have a fair go’.
Membership is renewed annually. Our Parents and Citizens Meetings are via Blackboard Collaborate sessions. If you would like to attend, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then forward you a link for the session. Meeting dates are displayed in our School Calendar.
The Cairns School of Distance Education forum takes place at May Camp and during Celebration Week (end of year).
The purpose of the forum is to:
- Discuss and debate issues relevant to the strategic development of the school
- Inform the school's leadership team and the P&C Executive of any recommendations or positions they wish to table through the district representatives and P&C executive
- Enable participation in the development of the strategic direction of the school
- Gather and share information with the school community, in both directions
- Develop action plans that improve the learning outcomes for our students.
You can propose your agenda items to our Cluster Coordinators.
Biannual Forum Minutes
- November 2020 (PDF, 254 KB)
- May 2020 (PDF, 1009 KB)
- December 2019 (PDF, 622 KB)
- May 2019 (PDF, 255 KB)
- December 2018 (PDF, 332KB)
- May 2018 (PDF, 132KB)
- November 2017 (PDF, 156KB)
- May 2017 (PDF, 520KB)
- November 2016 (PDF, 185KB)
- May 2016 (PDF, 399KB)
Schools of Distance Education Alliance (SODEA)
SODEA unites the parent bodies of Queensland through positive advocacy in an endeavour to enhance learning outcomes of all distance education students. The representatives of the P&Cs meet regularly to share ideas, advocate for issues of common concern or interest, and strengthen the bonds between families who educate their children using this means.
The Rural and Remote Education Access Program (RREAP)
RREAP helps schools and school communities improve the educational outcomes and opportunities of students who are disadvantaged because of their geographical isolation, so that their learning outcomes match those of other students.
Queensland Council of P&C Associations (QCPCA)
QCPCA is a community organisation, which represents the interests of State School Parents and Citizens Associations throughout Queensland. It has a history of more than 50 years and approximately 1300 P&C Associations are affiliated.
P&C email contacts