At Cairns School of Distance Education, Guidance Officers work with students, parents, carers and home tutors, in conjunction with teachers, specialist support personnel and external agencies.
They are experienced teachers with Masters level qualifications in guidance and counselling, who contribute to the provision of comprehensive support programs for students.
Guidance Officers work within the school to provide support in:
- Student engagement
- Behavioural management
- Mental health
- Brief personal counselling for students and referral for ongoing support
- Identifying and assessing student specialist support needs
- Managing relationships and stresses of school
- Subject and course selection
- Career planning and decision-making
- Tertiary education information and application processes
- Developing personalised learning plans
Accessing guidance services
Ph: 40 809 959
Ph: 40 809 144