Open Learning Campus at Cairns School for Distance Education
Open Learning Campus (OLC) enrolment enquiries for young people and their parents/guardians...is this you?
- You have stopped going to school regularly
- You live in the Cairns area
- You can organise your own transport to 90 Clarke Street, Manunda
- You are aged 14 - 18 years old (Years 9 - 12) and meet the enrolment scope criteria (below)
- You want to learn!
The service commitment of the Cairns SDE Open Learning Campus is to ensure every young person has a clearly defined pathway that focuses on engagement, wellbeing and academic achievement leading towards:
- Transitioning to quality paid employment, or
- Achieving a QLD Certificate of Education (QCE) or QLD Certificate
of Individual Education (QCIA),
- Transitioning to a clearly articulated Vocational Education and
- Training (VET) or University
As part of this service commitment and delivery of programs, young
people will have:
- A personalised learning program
- Access to an online learning platform
- Access to face-to-face on-campus contact sessions (within enrolment
- Access to engagement and educational case management to support
Fulltime OLC enrolment scope
Students in Years 9 - 12 (aged 14 - 18 years old) who are:
- Disconnected from education (not enrolled in school).
- Disengaged from education (school attendance less than 50%).
Fulltime enrolment service
The OLC delivers programs via blended learning (online and face-to-face) to young people residing in Cairns.
- An agreed long term transport plan is required for all students accessing the OLC to ensure regular attendance and continuous learning for the student.
For enrolment enquiries, please contact the Cairns School of Distance Education administration office on (07) 4080 9111 or email email@example.com (Explain that you are interested in enrolling at the Open Learning Campus and you will be directed to Robbie Rourke, OLC Team Leader/Guidance Officer).
List of the forms that may be required for enrolment at the Open Learning Campus: